Friday, March 26, 2010

Dog tags and clean boxers

Yesterday came and went, it was my first day home all day since he left. It was nice and lonely at the same time. I am so glad I was blessed with Savannah, she definitely kept me on my toes EVEN when she was screaming for hours because she is getting more teeth. I love her! She is my everything and the reason I wake up in the mornings. Candice came over last night. I love her! I have spend almost everyday with her since the guys left. She found out at the beginning of the week that she was pregnant and I couldn't be happier for her! She has tried so hard and finally it paid off! I can't wait to become "Aunt Jennifer" to her third lil one. We decided that I am going to go with her to her appointments and take pictures and video to send to her husband. While Candice was over here, she was joking around saying that Mike was online. My heart dropped, but then she told me she was just kidding! I like to have chocked her! Finally, as I was making us food (hot dogs), she said it again. I didn't believe her and as she continued to say it and get louder, I finally walked over there and saw that she was telling the truth. He was online and had IMed me!!! The first thing he said was "Short one are you there?" I was in heaven for those 10 to 15 minutes I got to talk to him. It wasn't over the phone or webcam but its better then nothing.


I stayed in all day today too, the weather was suppose to be bad, from what it looks like now, I could have done something!! It doesn't seem that bad right now, just a bunch of rain. Being from Texas, I can drive in it easy! I have been sleeping in Mike's boxers, not the dirty ones! It makes me feel like I can be close to him even though he is a million miles away. I also still haven't taken off his dog tags and probably won't until he comes home! I found another pair and put it hanging in the truck from the mirror.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennifer. I'm Elayne and I saw your post on Mililarty and wanted to say hi. My husband and I have been married five years this coming June and we are in the middle of his fourth deployment. I am also here on blogspot (LoveFromIraq.blogspot) I have been blogging since Mark's last deployment. It keeps me sane. Your baby girl sounds lovely
    Laini

    ReplyDelete